So, your 18th birthday is around the corner. Congrats as you are going to celebrate being an adult now. It’s understandable your joy knows no bound! But amidst all the pomp and gaiety and joy, have you forgotten something? Have you made sure the responsibility of choosing and ordering for your birthday cake is on the right shoulders? If not, why not get yourself involved instead of asking someone else to do this for you! This will ensure that your 18th birthday cake does not turn out to be an embarrassment. If you don’t know how to choose a birthday cake, here are a few amazing tips to follow:
1. The first and most important thing to consider is the bakery. Whether you are getting your cake from an online cake shop or are placing an order with a nearby bakery, choosing a baker who knows his trade well would be the best bet. Although, a lot of bakers claim to offer amazing sets, you shouldn’t buy their words right away. Ask them about their experience and skill. Also, ask them if they will be able to bake a cake design of your choice. Discuss with them any design you must be having in your mind for your 18th birthday cake.
2. Choosing the right style is also important. And because it’s going to be a special birthday, people are going to look forward to gorging on a delicious and beautiful cake. Check out the baker’s catalogue for ideas. However, if you think going the unconventional way would be more rewarding, then come up with your own ideas. Irrespective of whose idea finally gets executed, make sure it’s the best possible.
3. Another thing to keep in mind is that birthdays cannot be put off for later. So, if your baker fails to deliver the cake on time, it will be a huge disappointment for all the guests, and of course, a source of embarrassment for you and your family. And that is why see to it, that your baker is prompt in its deliveries. Ask people who have already used the concerned baker’s sets. If they speak positive about the reliability of the baker, there is no reason why you should doubt it. After all, reputation matters! And it’s the reputation of a business that attracts or shoos away customers.
4. Another import aspect to take into account is the flavor of the cake. What is a birthday cake without the right flavor? While choosing the flavor, don’t always go by what you like. Choose a flavor that is popular in general. Chocolate and vanilla are two of the most favored flavors of all time. So, if you choose one of these, the chances of going wrong reduce considerably. Less shared flavors such as pineapple or strawberry may not quite impress your guests. So, choose the flavor keeping in mind popular need.
5. Last but not the least, you should make sure the price is reasonable with respect to the size, design and the quality of the cake. Yes, good cakes are a little pricey. But this may not be without exception true. There is no dearth of outlets dealing in cake delivery that offers products at competitive prices to get an edge over their rivals. You can do some research to find out the names of such shops. Once you have a few names at hand, you can talk to their owners one by one for the best price on standard birthday cakes.