Many people are experiencing in buying too much expensive insecticide in order to prevent insects in their crops. So now, i am going to help you to lessen the expenses in buying expensive commercially branded insecticide/pesticide. We are going to make a home-made insecticide/pesticide using herbal plants such us makabuhay (tinospora rumphii boerl) and kakawate (gliricidia sepium).
MAKABUHAY (Tinospora rumphii Boerl) composes of similarities such as, febrifuge, vulnerary, tonic, antimalarial, parasiticide, and insecticidal.Climbing vine reaching 4-10 meters. Stems fleshy, about 1 cm in diameter, with distributed protuberances. Leaves thin, ovate, 6-12 cm long and 7-12 cm wide, with pointed tip and heart-shaped based, smooth and shiny. Petiole up to 6 cm long. Racemes lone or in pairs arising from axils of leaves, light green, and short pedicelled. Fruit 8 mm long, in long clusters. Propagated by stem cuttings or seeds. sustain needed for climbing.
• Plant contains a bitter rule, colombine (2.22%); traces of an alkaloid; and a glucoside. Also contains a amorphous bitter rule, picroretine and traces of berberine.
• A study showed that the bitter extract of the stem does not contain an alkaloid.
• Study yielded two new diterpenes along with known compounds tinotufolin D and vitexilactone.
KAKAWATE (Gliricidia Sepium) is shared in the southern Tagalog areas of Philippines, shedding leaves around December and flowering February and March. In some areas, the blooming of its pink flowers is so profuse to deserve a comparison with the cherry blossoms.
Constituents and similarities
Phytochemical studies have yielded:
• Aformosin (an isoflavan, reportedly with anti-tumor capacity), formononetin (isoflavan), gliricidin-6a, gliricidol-9A, medicarpin (pterocarpan, reportedly antifungal), 7,4′-dihydroxy-3′-methoxyisoflavin, 2’O-methylsepiol, tannin and a trihydroxyflavonone.
• Tannins are considered potentially antidiarrheal, antidysenteric, antimutagenic, antioxidant, bactericidal, hepatoprotective, pesticidal and viricidal.
• From the heartwood were secluded stigmastanol glucoside and 3′,4′-dihydroxy-trans-cinnamic acid octacosylester 2 along with three other known constituents.
Now I am going to show the procedures in making our HOME – MADE INSECTICIDE/PESTICIDE.
- 50 leaves of MAKABUHAY
- 100 leaves of KAKAWATE
- 10 ml of Dishwashing Liquid
- 10 ml of Oil
- 20 pieces of SILING LABUYO (Capsicum frutescens) – with the similarities of, Stimulant, digestive, rubefacient, stomachic, sialagogue, alterative, antispasmodic, febrifuge, depurative.
- Chopping Board
- Cut makabuhay, kakawate and siling labuyo into small pieces.
- Put it into the kettle with water then boil it.
- One boiled sieve it to get the extract then put into a container.
- Add the other elements.
- Put on a Sprayer then try it now.